A-Z: M is for Mosque

M is for Mosque

Image result for mosque gif

What do you do there:

Find a quiet spot, lay down the prayer mat, and perform your prayers. Gain that spiritual connection between you and god. Focus on the relationship between you and god, read the quran, make yours duas (wishes) to god.

Why it’s good for you?

Makes one feel refreshed, away from all the world’s problems you can connect to god, be thankful for all god has given you, ask for forgiveness. You can reflect on decisions and ask god to guide you on the right path.

M is also for: Mall, Market, Mountain, Museum.

The mosque is a place of serenity, peace, and togetherness. It’s a place for the compassion of one thing which is to build a connection to god by performing the salah, reading the Quran, and asking for duas. The mosque is a place one can go to in any situations through life, whether be it in times of sorrow, or happiness.

I personally see mosque as a place for me to go and ask for forgiveness, say thank you for everything I’ve been granted with, to perform the salah in peace, and togetherness.

Once I step into the mosque I realize that all the problems happening around us all are not worth spreading hatred for each other in our hearts. Weather be it the mosque, temple, church or anywhere else a person may go to practice a religion at the end of the day all these places, religions follow the same morals, values of spreading love amongst each other.

For me the mosque is a place I can go to purify my soul and heart, to bring a sense of a fresh start with a clean heart and mind.

I step inside the mosque,

I take off my shoes, walk through the stairs up to the ladies side of the mosque,

I walk in greet everyone with open arms,

Pick up the prayer mat, and lay it down in a clean quiet spot in the front of the ladies side,

And start to perform my salah (prayer),

Once I finish I pick up the holy book of islam the Quran,

I sit in my spot quietly focused on reciting the Quran, because nothing else seems to matter in that moment,

The only that matter is the spiritual connection I have with god,

After my reciting the Quran I do my duas ( the essence of worship),

By performing all of this, it brings a significant change into my life, because it brings me closer to god,

By doing all of this it gives me a chance to say alhamdulillah (thank you) for all that god has given me and my family,

It connects me to god.

2 thoughts on “A-Z: M is for Mosque

1. Dear Maha,
    You write very beautifully! I really loved how you speak your words from your heart, “For me the mosque is a place I can go to purify my soul and heart, to bring a sense of a fresh start with a clean heart and mind.”
    I found a little mistake which you could fix, “The only that matter is the spiritual connection I have with god” into : The only thing that matters is the spiritual connection I have with god.” All in all, your writing flows very nicely if you fix some of those grammatical errors. Keep making amazing work Maha, I really enjoyed your piece.

Love,
    Shiksha T.

1. Dear Shiksha,
      Thank you for the kind words, and for telling me where improvements are needed. I’ll be sure to fix that!
      Thank you!
      Love,
      Maha